Mason Rhea 4 lbs 13 oz 4:44pm 11/11/08
http://picasaweb.google.com/SchuckPictures/BabyGirls#
Two months early to be exact, the girls were ready to be welcomed into the world. By 4:30pm I was all set on the table and with 20 people put in place between the OR and a labor and delivery room, we were ready to get the girls out. In no time we heard a gurgling cry from Mason. She was taken to the adjoining room where her NICU team cleaned her up since there was not enough room for 2 teams of babies and their beds. I only saw her in the reflection of the lamp that was over my stomach during surgery. Less than a minute later miss petite Finley came out screaming and all stretched out. Hearing that healthy cry brought tears to our eyes. Once I was all put back together I was sent to recovery with David for about 2 hrs. Both parents, Tanner, my sister and Aunt Debra were all there for the birth and were able to see the girls in the NICU except for Tanner. He is too young to go in but so far pictures are fine for him. As the evening wore on and I quickly began to crash, the family parted ways and David made his "bed" if that is what we can call it and I took my loopy pain meds and off to sleep we went.
Both girls were breathing on their own and had c-paps ( forced oxygen into lungs) throughout the night but they were taken off Wed morning. Mason is scheduled for surgery at 1pm Thurs 11/13 and that should take 2-3 hrs. She is not able to eat what I am providing for her until after her recovery. She is however receiving nutrients through her IV. Finley is eating a whopping 1cc 8 times a day of my milk. That is all she can tolerate right now but it's a step in the right direction.
Nurses for both girls say they look great and are doing just fine. I know that some of the pictures make them look pitiful, but really it isn't as bad in person. Both of them only have the tube in the mouth which is currently used for forcing out air that may be building up in their tummies. The tube will also be used to deliver my milk to them. Other than the standard IV and heart monitors and temp monitors, it's just a lot to look at on such tiny bodies. We are going down in the morning when the NICU doc's make the rounds so we can listen in and also be involved in the feeding, changing and care of the babies.
Two months early to be exact, the girls were ready to be welcomed into the world. By 4:30pm I was all set on the table and with 20 people put in place between the OR and a labor and delivery room, we were ready to get the girls out. In no time we heard a gurgling cry from Mason. She was taken to the adjoining room where her NICU team cleaned her up since there was not enough room for 2 teams of babies and their beds. I only saw her in the reflection of the lamp that was over my stomach during surgery. Less than a minute later miss petite Finley came out screaming and all stretched out. Hearing that healthy cry brought tears to our eyes. Once I was all put back together I was sent to recovery with David for about 2 hrs. Both parents, Tanner, my sister and Aunt Debra were all there for the birth and were able to see the girls in the NICU except for Tanner. He is too young to go in but so far pictures are fine for him. As the evening wore on and I quickly began to crash, the family parted ways and David made his "bed" if that is what we can call it and I took my loopy pain meds and off to sleep we went.
Both girls were breathing on their own and had c-paps ( forced oxygen into lungs) throughout the night but they were taken off Wed morning. Mason is scheduled for surgery at 1pm Thurs 11/13 and that should take 2-3 hrs. She is not able to eat what I am providing for her until after her recovery. She is however receiving nutrients through her IV. Finley is eating a whopping 1cc 8 times a day of my milk. That is all she can tolerate right now but it's a step in the right direction.
Nurses for both girls say they look great and are doing just fine. I know that some of the pictures make them look pitiful, but really it isn't as bad in person. Both of them only have the tube in the mouth which is currently used for forcing out air that may be building up in their tummies. The tube will also be used to deliver my milk to them. Other than the standard IV and heart monitors and temp monitors, it's just a lot to look at on such tiny bodies. We are going down in the morning when the NICU doc's make the rounds so we can listen in and also be involved in the feeding, changing and care of the babies.




6 comments:
Jami,
We will be praying for Mason today.
Scott and Sue
Hey Jami,
I am thinking about you guys. I hope everything goes well today for Mason.
Jennifer
Jami and David,
Those babies are beautiful. I'll be praying for sweet Mason today.
I hope everything goes well.
Love, Keri
Pack those babies up and bring them to the beach we have enough mommas here to spoil them
Jami and David,Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We are lifting you all up in prayer. Jaime
Hey David and Jami,
They are gorgeous and seem to be doing so well. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. April M. sent me the site. Take care of yourselfs too.
Pat Wagoner
Sharpe Images
Post a Comment