Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One Week Old

Today the girls are one week old. Time has flown by! Both girls are doing very well with their feedings. Mason's stitches are healing nicely and they are both now enjoying their new locations in isolette's. Moving from an open bed to an isolette teaches them to hold their body temperature on their own. It's a step up from the open beds. They seem to love being in them.



Today while I visited I held Mason while the nurse changed her bed and for the first time she was dressed in a onsie. She is still laying on a Bilirubin blanket to help with her Bili levels. We are noticing that she might be the "high maintenance" one. She does not liked to be changed at all and when it's time to eat, she lets you know she is hungry. She has become quite the screamer.




Finley is calm and relaxed in her isolette. She is also laying on a Bili blanket, mostly on her tummy today and she looks so comfortable. Grandma changed her diaper this evening and she didn't make a sound. She is very active at times pulling the cover over her eyes off, pulling on the feeding tube in her nose and the cotton strap that helps to keep her on her back or tummy. She is always tangled in some cord.


4 comments:

The Varney Family said...

Dear Schuck Family,
I pray all is well with your two little angels and that you may be comforted and at peace. I came across your blog randomly, and was touched by the trials you have gone through so recently. I am expecting my third, and so far she is healthy and strong. I can't imagine going through what you have gone through. You are in my prayers. May Heavenly Father give you comfort and strength.
Love,
Susan and Family

Eds said...

Hi! just stumble with your blog. My prayers is with all of you! Have faith and stay strong...

Edna

Unknown said...

Jami,
They are precious and it is great to hear things are going well. We continue to pray for God's grace for each new day, as well as, His provision for the girls' development.
Love,
Scott and Sue

Boythe Family said...

I love the updates and we are praising God that things are going so well. They are beautiful!! What a story of Faith that you and your family will have. Please let us know when you are back in the Greensboro area as I would love to try and come to see you.

We love you and your family very much!!!

Blessings,
Melissa