Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Week 31

The time is just flying by. I can't believe that we are at 31 weeks already. 5 weeks of bed rest so far and 4 of them away from home have not been easy, but worth it. I live on the sofa at my parent's house and everyone knows me at UNC Hospital when I walk in the door. It's becoming much harder to move around these days, which I do very little of and I am very uncomfortable most of the day, but I am being taken very good care of from everyone.

My appointment went very well this morning. I have 2 very active girls squeezed in my belly. Baby A is head up while Baby B is head down and they are constantly kicking each other in the head. At first it was exciting to feel and watch, but now not so fun. Watching them on the ultrasound is quite entertaining. Both girls showed their breathing abilities so I didn't have to have a non-stress test. The ultrasound tech took about 8-10 readings of Baby B's umbilical cord and only 1 reading came back elevated/abnormal. There is no explanation for the good readings today vs. the not so good ones last Tuesday according to my doctor, but I believe that God is really taking care of these girls.

I asked about about Baby B, her small size and if we would deliver to get her better nourishment through feeding tubes in the NICU if we don't see much weight gain next week even if her doppler readings aren't requiring delivery. My doctor said that her organs and brain will develop much better in the womb than outside and she just may be smaller. The more weeks we can make it means a more mature baby and her size won't be as big of a concern. We won't deliver if she keeps looking good. Maybe delivery in the next week won't happen like previously thought. Seems like we are headed in that direction!

Update 11/7: The visit this morning was good. No changes with the girls and I am back on Tuesday and on to week 32!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear David & Jami,
We rejoice with you on your good news today. Truly God is taking care of these precious little girls. We are praying for all of you and know that our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, will see you through this.
In Christ.
Arnold & Brenda